Business Analyst Job at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company Plc
- Company: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company Plc
- Deadline Date: 7th March, 2019
- Specialization: Analyst/ Quality Control
- Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Location(s): Lagos
- Date Posted: 28th February, 2019
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Business Analyst
Job Location: Lagos
Reporting To: Head Revenue Mobilization, Monitoring & Assurance
Job Type: Full time
- Provide support in the areas of performance monitoring, analytics and reporting within the Business Unit to the business key to driving operational efficiency of Ikeja Electric.
- Assist with ensuring effective strategies and measures are in place to help reduce commercial and collection loss and to detect potential revenue leakages / irregularities
- Develop and implement creative performance reporting template/tracker for the Business Unit and Undertakings
- Coordinate Monthly performance review by the various Undertakings within the Business Unit
- Assist with Identify and analyzing all potential revenue leakages from customer metering, Distribution Transformer and feeders and proffer strategies to eliminate such
- Ensure Compliance in the usage of the Estimated Billing Methodology (EBM) and Energy Accounting Policy (EAP) for billing estimated customers.
- Collate and interpret data, analyzing results from varied sources such as Fault Log/ Register, Transformer Lost in Circuit, Hourly Load Readings, Feeder Availability, Customer Complaints Log, Energy Delivered etc, from the Business Units / Undertakings using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports, drawing inference and presenting observations to the business to guide business decision and ensure operational efficiency
- Assist with detecting areas of high financial leakages and design appropriate strategies to block all leakages
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting collection/ billing efficiency, customer delinquency trends or patterns based on past or historical performance of the business unit/ undertaking.
- Perform assurance test on energy shared across feeders, DTs, Business Units and Undertakings
- Develop Business Intelligence tools that help drive and monitor collection activities
- Generates commercial/ technical periodic reports (daily, weekly and monthly) such as collection analysis reports, energy availability reports, sub-station maintenance reports etc as may be required by the management team.
- Ensure compliance to reporting standards by the Undertakings/ Business Unit as required by the Corporate Performance Monitoring Team within the Head Office.
- Assist in Preparing Monthly analysis of unbilled energy and ensure BU strategies to recover the loss. Track recovery of Loss using the designated template.
- Monitor and assist in setting targets and KPI’s set for business units, Undertakings, ESRS etc across of Business Units
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Design actionable reports to improve cash collection drive and boost performance.
- Provide general support to the Business Managers as may be required
- Perform any other duty as may be communicated by line manager or BU Management Team and any other recognized stakeholder.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines – Engineering, Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance or other numerate discipline
- 6 years relevant work experience, from related sector/ organization with demonstrable understanding of data analytics.
- MIS experience is an added advantage
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the power industry and the distribution value chain
- Good knowledge of regulatory (NERC)framework
- Strategic management
- Data Analytics
- Familiar with Relevant Business Intelligence Software
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal negotiation and communications skills
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Team worker