Electrical and Automation Supervisor Job at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Company: PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Deadline Date: 23rd March, 2019
- Specialization: Project Management
- Work Level: Manager (Staff Supervisor)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Location(s): Abia
- Date Posted: 4th March, 2019
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client is a leading manufacturing company in West Africa, rapidly expanding to sub-saharan Africa. The company’s focus is to bring value to all stakeholders through the best use of their resources and skills to improve every area of their business.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Electrical and Automation Supervisor
Reference Number: 130-PEO01005
Job Location: Aba
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Electrical Supervisor plans and coordinate all activities relating to the installation, maintenance and repair of Electrical and Power Supply systems and equipment.
- Designs, documents, and implements engineering solutions to provide maximum effectiveness.
- Ensures minimum disruption to operations
- Designs electrical plans and strategies by studying existing conditions and determining the organization’s electricity needs
- Investigates and resolves Line Control problems by running PLC diagnostics and programming solutions.
- Oversees Instrumentation and Control activities
- Manages the electrical engineering budget and procurement strategies by ensuring adequate inventory and prioritising purchases of required tools
- Supervises the Power Plant team in ensuring efficient and uninterrupted power generation for the organisation’s consumption
- Promotes safety culture in the Electrical team and ensures required training,PPE and safety tools are provided by the HSE department, in order to ensure safe maintenance activities
- Provides direction to the Electrical Engineering and Power Plant sub-functions, and ensures the quality of work meets performance expectations
- Reviews/inspects work carried out by subordinates, and evaluates their performance
- Minimum of a First Degree or HND in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience, 5 of which must be in a similar role within the FMCG
- Demonstrable experience in carrying out electrical maintenance
- Thorough knowledge of Manufacturing Operations
- Root Cause Analysis
- Quality control and Assurance
- Good knowledge of HSE Regulations and Procedures
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Power Generating Systems
- Automation Systems
- Electrical Systems.