Health Safety & Environment (HSE) Officer
- Company: StreSERT Services Limited
- Deadline Date: 26th February, 2019
- Specialization: HSE / Safety Management
- Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Location(s): Lagos
- Date Posted: 2nd February, 2019
StreSERT Services Limited – Our client is a recycled Plastics Manufacturing company with head-office in Lagos looking to strengthen its HSE team as a result of expansion for the position below:
Job Position: Health Safety & Environment (HSE) Officer
Job Location: Lagos
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into cognizance all related hazards
- Understand and ensure that HSE plans are effectively implemented and meet set performance standards
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that advise on improvements
- Conduct regular HSE inspections with, and discuss all site specific HSE issues with the HSE Coordinator on a continual basis
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employ’s industry
- Ensure that equipment and systems formally meet the relevant safety standards
- Manage and organize safe disposal of hazardous substances
- Execute regular site inspections and ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Lead in-house training with managers end employees about health and safety
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations. hazardous substances noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases
- Report HSE issues to the HSE Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or Environmental related discipline;
- Member of an internationally recognized environmental/safety/health professional body preferred. (IOSH. CMIOSH advantageous) – Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of working in an Engineering, Food Processing. Chemical and/or Pharmaceutical environment.
- Proven experience in the supervision/management of professional and administrative staff.
- Excellent technical capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skill.
- Managerial and leadership skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of applicable HSE legislation, occupational health and safety hazard identification and risk assessment occupational health and safety accident and illness prevention and protection techniques
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “ADIROFF-14” as subject
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.