Production Manager Job at Dokadots Clothing
- Company: Dokadots Clothing
- Deadline Date: 30th March, 2019
- Specialization: Manufacturing / Production
- Work Level: Manager (Staff Supervisor)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Location(s): Lagos
- Date Posted: 25th February, 2019
Dokadots Clothing is a start up clothing brand that’s based in Lagos, Nigera. Our products are primarily made from Ankara print fabric, designed and produced by an inhouse design and manufacturing team.
We are recruting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Production Manager
Job Location: Mainland, Lagos
- As a production manager, you’ll be involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes
- You’ll make sure goods and services are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality.
- You will be responsible for both human and material resources.
As a production manager, you’ll need to:
- Oversee the production process, drawing up a production schedule
- Ensure that the production is cost effective
- Decide what resources are required
- Draft a timescale for the job
- Estimate costs and set the quality standards
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
- Monitor product standards and implement quality control programmes
- Liaise among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers
- Work with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers
- Review worker performance
- Identify training needs.
You’ll be involved in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage. A large part of the job is dealing with people management.
- You can expect to work around 45 to 55 hours per week. The role may involve shift work and unsocial hours to make sure there’s cover throughout the production process
- Extended hours may be required to meet deadlines or to introduce new systems. You could be on call at weekends or public holidays to deal with problems.
What to Expect
- Dress code is business casual
- The job can be stressful when there are problems or difficulties in meeting deadlines, though can be satisfying when targets are met.
- HND or University Degree in the following subjects: Business or Management, Arts, Fashion Design
- If you have an unrelated Degree, it’s still possible to get the job if you have experience in garment making and or pattern making.
You’ll need to have:
- Planning and organisation skills to be able run and monitor the production process
- The ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems
- The capacity to grasp concepts easily
- ICT literacy to deal with various technologies, programmes and applications
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and clients
- Strong negotiation skills for getting materials within budget at the right time
- The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet deadlines
- The ability to work in a logical, systematic manner.
- Garment making & Pattern making skills.
- With a few years of experience, salary will be in the range of NGN 60,000 to NGN 100,000 monthly.
- Starting salaries within a trainee role will be less.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com