- Company: CMB Building, Maintenance & Investment Co. Limited
- Deadline Date: 20th February, 2019
- Specialization: Building Design / Architecture
- Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Location(s): Lagos
- Date Posted: 17th February, 2019
CMB Building, Maintenance & Investment Co. Limited (CMB), established in 2002, operates as an all-inclusive Real estate development organization. The company’s objective is to revolutionize the real estate industry to the point where participation is feasible across all classes of income.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Structural Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
Report to: ED- Designs, CMB-Vertikal
- To design, plan and oversee the construction of new buildings and road works, or alterations and extensions to existing properties or other structures as required by the company.
- Analyze configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure;
- Calculate the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather.
- Consider the strength of various materials, e.g. concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design.
- Liaise with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the visual concept of the construction.
- Examine structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure;
- Make drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors;
- Liaise with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound;
- Apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures;
- Use computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Masters added advantage
- 5 years post NYSC experience
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent skills in mathematics, IT and science
- Project management skills
- The ability to manage a budget
- Commercial awareness
- Team-working and communication skills
- Excellent mathematical, IT and analytical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Project and budget management skills
- A good working knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations is important.
- Proficiency with computer-aided drafting software applications integral to structural engineering, such as AutoCAD and RISA, is essential.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Stating the Job Role as the Subject of the mail.